Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I havent written much in awhile. I forgot how liberating it can be. The time it takes to do everything one must in order to maintain what they call 'normal' occasionally distracts from valuable introspection and simplification in ones life. I was inspired to return to writing today by a friend who shared a brief and concise entry from 'Self Control, Its Kingship and Majesty by William George Jordan, 1905'

It spoke of enlightenment through simplification, which for one reason or another, has resounded in my mind. Perhaps because of the deviations from the 'common course' or influence my life has taken in the past year and perhaps because of the sacrifices I am willing to make in the foreseeable future. Everyone yearns for simplicity; a deduction of peripheral for the sake of clarity. So, with this forum I plan to account things, places, people, teaching, art, music and all things that resound with me as 'catalytic heroes' on my quest for a simpler way of being. Like all things subjective, im sure some will like and some will dislike where im coming from, but above all else i hope this log evokes something, for better or worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment